Saturday 16 January 2016

Out with the old..

Collecting scrap fibre from my 'compost bin' and sorting all the compacted tops from my stash..

Looks quite small in the photo but it was a good pile :)
after the first pass through the carder..
on the drum..
off the drum..
3 distinctly different batts
3 nice fat happy batts
I LOVE working like this.. just grabbing whichever colour comes to hand next and adding it in.. I end up putting colours together that I just wouldn't of done otherwise.  It's an exhilarating way to work!


3 comments:

Ali said...

What a wonderful way to re-love those scraps!
Fabulous colours....wonder what they will become next!
Ali x

Els said...

One can see that it was quite a stash to begin with .... ;-)

FeltersJourney said...

It does build up Els :) I have a wire waste paper bin (my 'compost bin') behind the door and all scraps go in till it's full x

You won't have to wait long Ali :) That's in the next post x