Sunday 15 March 2015

Nuno Jacket Progress

I've added sleeves to the nuno vest from my last post..  but totally forgot to take photos as I was felting them :(

The sleeves echo the inside of the jacket and collar..
White merino with lines made from dark denim blue merino
and offcut ribbons of white mawata silk
Pinned, then hand stitched inside and out.
Using Sally made it SO much easier to fit the sleeves properly!
Just needs nice buttons now!
You can glimpse inside the slit cuff..  the same fabric nuno felted on the inside.
I love wide, slit cuffs.. they look so elegant as you move.

As you can see I have yet to iron it.. get the creases out of the sleeves :)

More to follow when the buttons are added (I'm making some at pottery which I hope to use, but they shan't be ready for a couple of weeks).

No comments: