Thursday 26 February 2015

Owls...

I forgot to post my owls!  I got a bit obsessed with them again in January.. I started out making cosies

3 Tea / Coffee Pot Cosies
Don't they make a funny line-up?!
And liked the look of them all together I decided to felt a picture panel featuring all 3..

Yet again something I don't want to part with..  Guess I'll just have to make another, one for me and one for my shop :)
I'd originally planned to applique the centres of their eyes on, but I actually like them as they are.. lamp like, and decided to leave them alone.

6 comments:

Felt Makers North said...

Love the owls what fun!

FeltersJourney said...

Thank you :)

Kerry O'Gorman said...

Both just so lovely! When you're felting a picture like that how do you keep the design so original? I mean without it getting all warbly in the felting process?

FeltersJourney said...

Thanks Kerry :)
Once the design is laid down and wetted out I cover it with a fine net fabric (dressmakers tulle) then put the bubble wrap on top, wet and soap the topside of the bubblewrap so my hands glide nicely, and give it a really good rubbing. Lifting the net from time to time to make sure it doesn't attach, I just keep on rubbing with the net in between the fibre and bubblewrap until I'm sure nothing is going to move :)
x

Lyn said...

The owl picture is beautiful - as are the cosies. I would find it hard to part with the owls too.

FeltersJourney said...

Thanks Lyn :)
x