Monday 22 July 2013

Flap Bag #2 part 4

The final instalment :)  No need to say too much here.. just a few pictures 

Close up of front with hand embroidery in pure silk thread, and silver star beads sewn on
Under the flap 
The back has the biggest moon.
The smaller one was made from the unused portion of Mawata silk using a smaller bowl to get a crescent
I LOVE the little stars :)
Inside pockets
And there you have it.. my big moon flap bag :)  I had never done a handle like this before.. it turned out very strong and really comfortable on the shoulder 'cos of how cushiony it is.  I forgot to mention earlier that I did take the basting stitches out once it was felted :) .

xoxo


1 comment:

Terriea Kwong said...

Very pretty handbag. Love your color combination of blue that makes he moon striking.