Friday 17 June 2011

Shearing time..

I just read this lovely post on one of the blogs that I follow, and really wanted to share it with you.

Jenny Holden keep a small flock of beautiful Shetland sheep, which she raises for their fleeces.  I have a real soft spot for Shetland sheep and their fleeces. This post is all about shearing her flock, which she does herself using old fashioned shears (not electric) its a very interesting read.  The following link will take you there..


I recon those fleeces would be amazing to work with!  My very first raw fleece was a Shetland (from Shetland, brought back by a friend) and was an absolute pleasure to clean, spin and felt with!  I LOVE a nice Shetland fleece!

Enjoy xx

4 comments:

Annie and Lyn said...

Hello Deborah
Have just found your blog and seen some of the stuff you make with the beautiful wool - your sheep tea cosy is amazing!
Looking forward to following your blog from now on.

FeltersJourney said...

Hi girls :) same here, I just found yours and started following too (not sure if my comment about using batts got through, dont think its showing..) I love your work!
x

Jenny Holden said...

Thank you for sharing my blog with your readers too; I was very touched. Sorry I didn't get back to you earlier, but things have been a little hectic with the wedding! Love seeing your crafts.

FeltersJourney said...

You are welcome Jenny :)
I've just been looking at your wedding photos.. looks like wonderful day.
x