Thursday 26 May 2011

Better late than never :)

Not many words today, just wanted to start sharing some pics.  I have finally taken photos of the nuno shawls made back in February..

Back view.  I dyed the silks used in this (cheated and brought the merino though)

Front view (all squashed together) You can just see the Indian chiffon pashmina I felted onto, its a shimmery chiffon & it looks really pretty the way it catches the light on all of the wrinkles and nobbles.

 Do you remember the dyepot goodies back in February? 

Here they are
Well you can finally see what I did with them :)
This is a keeper :)  My new summer shawl

I like the stripes on the inside.  I guess this must of been a silk blend shawl, as the dye didnt take to the white bits but took beautifully to the rest.
I actually really like both of these shawls.  Im trying to be firm with myself and put the pink on in my shop... I keep putting it off cos I like it.  I did find these very hard work, Im not sure if it was the fabric, maybe too densley woven?  Or maybe just due to their size.  I spent hours and hours - worked on each one over 3 days. 

I have just purchased a beautiful silk chiffon sari in pinks & burgundy.. trying to decide what to make with it - another shawl?  Some scarves? Or a dress (slightly more daunting prospect there as I have not made one before!)

xx

2 comments:

Heather Woollove said...

How lovely! I like the 'fingery fringes' at the top, and love the way the white stripes show after dyeing!

FeltersJourney said...

Thanks Heather :)
x