Ive made a collage of my most recent felted goodies...
This morning I made a hammered a copper wire pin to go with it...
Have a great weekend xx
These are a pair of experimental felt boots that I made on Monday.
My polystyrene lasts - which are great for low slippers - are simply not high enough for making boots! And I cant find anytaller ones to buy... only one thing for it, I needed to make my own lasts. In the past Ive used tape, old socks & polyfibre stuffing, but the lasts I wanted are too high for that (I did try - I taped up to the height I needed but I couldnt get it back off, ended up cutting it off & chucking away).
The next idea was my husbands. I used a pair of old wellies, which he cut the heel and thick sole off. I trimmed the height, stuffed and duct taped them up and they worked pretty well.
They`re just drying out now.
Yesterday & today Ive been at work, so no felt :(
The mobile is made up from all of the childrens sea creatures from last weeks workshop (29 of them), with driftwood, shells and glass beads. Its strung on fishing line from a 4 foot long piece of Dorset driftwood. The mobile has an approx. 7 foot drop - good job Haden is a Victorian house with fabulously high ceilings! The light was dreadful this morning, so Ive had to lighten the pics on picasa - if the colours are showing up badly on anybodies monitor please comment & let me know - Im planning to submit the pics for the FeltUnited exhibition. If they're no good I shall retake them.
Time to slow down & have a nice cup of tea before collecting the children from school now... think Im going to watch the rain, its hammering down at the moment and the wind is really strong...