Sunday 18 April 2010

Catching up with an old friend

Had a LOVELY day today! The weather has been glorious... and we have had a lovely walk through the Clent Hills. Unfortunately I didnt have my camera. There was one winding downhill path through the woods that was beautifully carpeted with bluebells, that are just coming out... I shall have to pop back next weekend, hopefully the weather will be as nice & I can get a photo - they should be in full bloom then.

The highlight of the day though was when we went to visit Rocky-Doodle-Doo! I could hear him from the opposite side of the enclosure & Im sure he could hear us... as soon as we rounded the corner he was running straight over to us! It looked as though he had been trying to get to us from the other side... & was quite excited bless him. He looks really happy & has 2 friends that he hangs out with :o) A very big older cockerel & a little bantem. There are no hens in their area (which is huge) but there are quite a few cockerels & some ducks & geese. It was great to see him with his 2 buddies, this is a picture of the 3 of them.

After a while his friends had wandered off a little ways & waited for him... couple of minutes later he went over to them. Gary & the kids were by the fence close to them... when I walked over to join them & take another photo my little chickadee set off at a dead-run back towards me :o) Which is why he is barely in the shot.

His friends were looking on wondering ` wheres he off to?` I think. I shall have to take a piece of toast for him next time we go :o)

x

No comments: